Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Law Enforcement Officer
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Talent Area
- Skilled Crafts Worker
- Shift Description
- Multiple Shifts
We are searching for a Security Officer who can thrive in a fast-paced hospital environment. In this position you’ll be asked to patrol, guard, and protect the assets, staff, patients and visitors of the hospital, functioning in this capacity as an off-duty Houston Police Department Officer or Supervisor.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Patrols the physical assets of the hospital to maintain maximum security and ejects persons from the premises when appropriate
- Conducts a continuous foot patrol of all buildings and grounds of the hospital, enforcing all applicable local, city, state, and federal laws
- Stands guard post in the Emergency Room in order to protect the assets, staff, patients, and visitors of the hospital
- Creates security reports on the appropriate hospital software
- Provides security escorts for staff and money transfers
- Active status as a law enforcement officer for a public agency
- Knowledge of security functions
- Ability to utilize a personal computer (to enter reports)
- Ability to function calmly in stressful, emergency situations and be courteous to others
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.