Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Endoscopy Technician I
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- GI Procedure Suite
- Talent Area
- Patient Care Extender
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are looking for an Endoscopy Technician – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform a variety of routine and specialized assignments as indicated by medical orders, nursing standards, and assessments to assist the licensed nurse and physicians in rendering age appropriate care to patients in units as assigned.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs basic nursing care in accordance with nursing standards of practice/care by observing patient condition, collaborating with the RN, and documenting appropriately
- Demonstrates effective communication with customers and staff
- Utilizes CORI, Pentax, and Olympus Medtronic computer systems
- Assists with clinical duties as assigned, acts as a receptionist, inputs computer data within an appropriate time frame, and uses communication skills appropriately
- Prepares patient care areas for procedures and observes guidelines for infection control
- Manages supplies and equipment effectively
- Properly cleans patient care area and equipment (e.g., bed, counters, mayo tray, etc.) following patient use by using the designated cleaning agent to clean and disinfect accordingly
- Maintains equipment by sending damaged equipment out for repair and requesting loaner equipment when needed and communicating this to the Charge Nurse/Nurse Manager
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical diploma from a formal nursing assistant program required
- 1-year experience in a nursing assistant role in lieu of formal nursing assistant program completion
- Knowledge of endoscopic equipment use and maintenance; infection control standards
- Ability to operate standard GI equipment such as manometry, endoscopes, dilation, biopsy forceps, and polypectomy equipment, pulse oximeter, electrocautery unit, etc
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.