Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist, Senior-Main Campus Neurophysiology
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Professional - Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- Thursday-Saturday 6:30p-7a
We are searching for a Senior Electroneurodiagnos Technologist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform one or more; EEGs/Long term video monitoring; Evoked Potentials or Polysomnography; procedures according to facility policy and procedures. You will also provide findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedures. Lastly, you will perform procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials held under general technical supervision.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Provides quality patient-centered neurodiagnostic testing
• Assists in training and assessment of END technologists in neurodiagnostic procedures and techniques
• Documents information in patient medical record and assists with patient billing process
• Informs manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations; completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
• Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals by volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
• communicates effectively with patient/family, department staff, physicians and other health care professionals to promote quality patient care
• Follows institutional and departmental guidelines related to patient, employee and departmental confidentiality
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• 2 years of experience in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology inclusive of clinical rotations
• One of the following registries are required:
• REEGT - Reg Electroencephalogra Tech
• REPT - Reg Evoked Potentials Tech
• RPSGT - Reg Polysomnographic Technolog
• CLTM - Cert Exam Long Term Monitoring
• CNIM - Cert Neurophy Intraop Monitor
• Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System;
• Knowledgeable in the correct performance of neurodiagnoistic studies, Recognition of clinically significant events and follows facility policy and procedures.
• The ability to independently demonstrate skill in one of the following areas: EEG, EEG Video Monitoring, EP, IONM or PSG.
• Demonstrated ability to operate neurodiagnostic equipment, video monitoring equipment.
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.