Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Patient Access
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- PT ACCESS ADMINISTRATION
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Director Patient Admissions & Registration — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will direct the hospital’s patient access functions, operational design, and training programs for Patient Access. You must have strong experience in Patient Access as well as experience with managing change.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Manages the Patient Access functions ensuring all key processes are aligned with the goals and objectives of the IDS
- Responsible for developing standards of performance for staff that are measured, reported, and addressed
- Resolves, mitigates, or avoids patient access problems by consulting with key process stakeholders, physicians, other hospital departments, insurance companies, attorneys, and governmental agencies
- Directs key processes by monitoring and reporting performance statistics and explaining variances and adjustments when made
- Coordinates and/or directs process improvement projects for the Patient Access functions
- Ensures that key processes are prioritized, measured, and reported to Vice President of Revenue Cycle
- Participate in hospital, departmental, and IDS network initiatives such as service line activation teams
- Updates and/or establishes patient access/admissions policies and procedures to ensure that the Hospital is compliant with governmental regulations, accrediting bodies, hospital policies and procedures, and other statutes
- Reviews accounts, cases, testing scenarios, and workflows to identify performance issues and take action to ensure that rework and uncompensated care is minimized
- Bachelor’s degree in business or operations
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare administrations preferred
- 5 years of experience in a healthcare or related service industry with 3 years of supervisory experience
- Applied knowledge of budgeting, word, excel, visio, and other essential office software
- Knowledge and experience of healthcare and health insurance industry standards and practices including ADT (admissions, discharge, transfer), patient accounts, master patient index, appointment scheduling, and room management systems and processes
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations and other requirements outlined by accrediting bodies is essential in developing policies and procedures for patient access operations is required
- Ability to operate a personal computer, demonstrate proficiency in Hospital standard software applications, and possess a typing speed over 35 wpm, excellent communication and organizational skills, data analysis skills, and industry standard performance improvement techniques
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.