Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Member Services/Call Center Operations - The Health Plan
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p Monday - Friday
We are searching for a Director of Member Services and Call Center Operations – someone who works well in a fast-paced managed care setting. In this position, you will develop and implement strategies that promote and ensure world-class customer service, oversee our mission control operations, as well as plan, organize, develop, direct, and manage all aspects of our member service and call center functions and staff. You will develop administrative strategies for educating members about the health plan benefits and services, along with their rights and responsibilities, and develop processes for delivering accurate information and assistance to providers.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the coordination and implementation of all aspects of our member services department, including mission control and all call center operations
- Work closely with other leadership and departments to develop and implement integrated strategies and plans to address member and provider needs
- Develop and administer a coordinated system of processes, technologies, and strategies that effectively integrate organizational resources and multiple channels of communications to influence customer interactions
- Develop and execute annual operation plans such as staffing and retention, training, workload forecasting, performance standards and goals, budget development and management, disaster recovery and contingency planning, process and quality improvement initiatives, and optimization of technologies and support system
- Provide leadership for the management of mission control and the call center by creating a team atmosphere that promotes employee empowerment and engagement, implementing strategies that support growth, and establishing clear goals for the department
- Develop, monitor, and analyze reports and benchmarks to measure performance of member services and call center functions, which can include audits and trends performance results to enhance performance, identify pain points for our teams, and utilize improvement techniques and tools to elevate departmental performance
- Manage customer relationships, gather and analyze customer satisfaction data, and develop best practices to manage and improve the customer experience
- Serve as a liaison with external stakeholder groups, community outreach campaigns, other employees, et cetera
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in business administration, health care administration, or a related field preferred
- 5 years’ experience in managed care
- 4 years of formal management/superviosry experience
- 2 years’ experience in call center setting
- Knowledge of NCQA, HEIDIS, and JACHO standards, as well as knowledge of state and federal regulations applicable to health plans, HMOs, and government coverage programs
- Excellent customer service skills required. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with members/customers to assess needs, provide information or assistance, and resolve problems
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and handle several complex situations simultaneously
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.