Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Digital Services-Technology Support
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- IS - Security
- Talent Area
- Information Services
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are looking for a Director of Digital Services/Technology Support – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for the strategy, management, integration, and implementation of information and telecommunications systems and their respective technologies in support of the clinical, financial, and strategic missions. You’ll be responsible for positioning the organization with appropriate information technology systems to react proactively to healthcare changes. You’ll also ensure the development and implementation of systems which support the effective and efficient flow of patients and information across the system and maximize financial and clinical performance.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Desire 8+ years of management experience, including running Infrastructure and digital services operations with breadth from multiple IS disciplines at large organizations with more than 15,000 devices
- Strong prefer proven experience directing, developing and providing leadership to the Digital Services teams, establishing priorities, setting goals, monitoring progress and coordinating efforts with other groups in Information Services.
- Desire a leader who has a proven record of setting strategy for right technologies meeting future initiatives and roadmaps
- Experience effectively leading teams from large integrated or global companies is desired
- Desire proven successful experience directing/managing large telecom conversions
- Proven and welled developed experience in all aspects of Unified Communications & Telecommunications and Audio Visuals strongly preferred
- Well developed knowledge of information security and IT controls frameworks and best practice operational procedures is highly desired
- Strongly desire an individual who has set road maps and executed road maps through management team
- Experience managing a digital service team, highly preferred
- Managed/directed Global Enterprise environment strongly preferred
- Strongly desire experience leading large teams
- proven string leadership experience preferred
- Negotiating services and contracts preferred
- Strongly desire proven collaboration skills; ability to engage stakeholders and build productive working relationships
- Deep knowledge and experience with financial analysis and management capability highly desired
- Desire experience in developing IS multi-million dollar budgets and managing to budget targets
- Maintains the production operations platform with a 98% uptime record and initiates plans which will ensure or move the production operations to a 99.999% uptime environment
- Maintains secure, stable and managed Network(s) and systems with documentation and well-defined standards and metrics
- Integrate operations management to ensure systems reliability and compatibility as well as efficiency and effectiveness
- Define and structure operations staff to accommodate multiple hardware and software platforms and associated peripheral equipment
- Perform constant monitoring of systems to determine capacity, throughput, sizing, and performance issues
- Works with the Hospital management staff to prioritize technical support projects and set direction for technical support resources
- Provides maintenance support and service for all information technology services within the Hospital and its remote locations
- Develops and implements policies and procedures as needed to meet regulatory guidelines and/or customer needs
- Prepares the annual budget; adheres to budget guidelines established for the department by analyzing department needs on at least a monthly basis and by efficient allocation of resources
- Design and manage a strong service organization including retaining staff, developing staff, and restructuring where necessary
- Develop relationships and explore opportunities that support the clinical, financial, and strategic objectives of the institution
- Provide persuasive presentation of value of technology, consensus building, and consulting skills is essential
- Analyze, evaluate, and propose network, security, telecommunications, storage, and technology architecture: hardware, software, protocols, topology, and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to hospital management or information systems
- Master’s degree preferred
- 6 years’ experience with information and computer technology in a corporate setting
- 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a technological setting preferably in the health care environment
- Experience with applications in clinical areas preferred
- Prior experience desired in a broad range of technologies, including those technologies employed and considered in the near term preferred
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.