Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dental Assistant II
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Dentistry Clinic
- Talent Area
- Clinical Support
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8-5pm Full Time
We are searching for a Dental Assistant II — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide dental assistance and care in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-18 years) and adults as necessary.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Prepare materials and assists dentist during dental procedures on children (and adults as necessary) daily
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments not sent to Central Sterilization and Processing, clean dental carts and set up instrument trays daily according to guidelines established by the hospital
- Participate in the hospital's quality improvement activities (committees, teams, task forces), offer written or verbal recommendations and participate in the development of team goals
- Attend staff meetings and/or read minutes 90% of the time to keep abreast of current information as documented in meeting sign-in sheets
- Review charts and schedules for the next day’s clinics to use and ensure all necessary information is available for the dentist
- Order and stock dental clinic supplies as needed and organize dental treatment room daily
- High school diploma or GED
- RDA certification of Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, BLS certification from the American Heart Association, NOM certification from the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting
- Bilingual preferred
Texas Children’s Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.