Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contact Ctr Rep-PreService II
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Administrative Support
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Contact Center Representative II for Pre-Service — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will field any general inquiries from patients and physicians for information related to scheduled appointments and procedures, insurance verification, My Chart, and customer service needs. You will confirm the correct payer plan, verify coverage and eligibility, document authorization requirements and update demographic information in the EMR. Lastly, you will oversee checking referral statuses, My Chart enrollment information and provide any other necessary information to ensure a positive patient experience.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Answer inbound or make outbound calls to customers with queries about their account, in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Accurately document all calls using the appropriate computer systems and follow up on any unresolved queries and complete call back requests in a prompt manner
- Follow organizational policy for patient identification in EMR to avoid duplications of patient medical records
- Ensure insurance referral has been obtained before the date of service and provide notification to supervisor when referral or prior authorization cannot be obtained
- Prepare estimate for patient out-of-pocket responsibilities using E-Pro software when applicable
- Review assigned work queues and prioritize appointments by day of the week and financial risk
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of contact center, customer service, and/or other experience in a healthcare setting required
- An associate or bachelor’s degree may be substituted for experience
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.