Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coding Quality Assurance Specialist III
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- HIM CODING-PROFESSIONAL
- Talent Area
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Coding Quality Assurance Specialist III — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll to assign and/or audit the accuracy of the ICD-10-CM and CPT codes to ambulatory, emergency center, observation, and day surgery records for purposes of billing, research, and providing information to government and regulatory agencies.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assigns and/or audits ICD-10-CM, and CPT codes, and generates codes with 98% accuracy
- Completes abstracts for records
- Assists in correction of problem accounts
- Reviews charts for completeness
- Participates in coding roundtable
- Assists in auditing records
- Maintains concurrent coding for inpatient records
- High school diploma or GED
- CCS-P - Certified Coding Specialist-Physician from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) OR
- CCS - Certified Coding Specialist from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) OR
- CIC - Certified Inpatient Coder from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) OR
- COC - Certified Outpatient Coder from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) OR
- CPC - Certified Professional Coder from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) OR
- CPC-A - Certified Professional Coder-Apprentice from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) OR
- RHIA - Certified Registered Health Information Administrator from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) OR
- RHIT - Certified Registered Health Information Technician from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) OR
- 4 years of coding experience
- Experience using an encoder preferred
- Experience using an electronic medical record preferred
- Verbal and written communication, organizational, typing (35-45 wpm) and data entry skills, detail orientation, and ability to identify physician signatures and interpret physician notes accurately in order to assign correct codes in a timely manner
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.