Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coding Compliance Specialist - Revenue Integrity
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- REVENUE INTEGRITY
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Coding Compliance Specialist— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assume responsibility for providing all education, auditing, and feedback of coding staff as it relates to reimbursement, procedural code, and coding compliance.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Develop and implement a method by which each HIM Coder has a representative sample of his/her coded records audited on a monthly and/or quarterly basis
- Provide feedback to leadership on the reimbursement opportunities and compliance issues found as a result of the audits
- Review and interpret the Federal Registry and other relevant publications on a continuous base to stay on top of coding changes that may affect the organization
- Respond directly to all telephone and written requests for coding information in an accurate and timely manner
- Compile requests and responses into a monthly coding newsletter and maintain the Coding SharePoint site for Coding Education
- High school diploma or GED
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Registered Health Information Administrator from the American Health Information Management Association
- Certified Registered Health Information Technician from the American Health Information Management Association
- Certified Coding Specialist from the American Health Information Management Association
- Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based from the American Health Information Management Association
- Certified Professional Coder from the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Coder Apprentice from the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in coding/compliance-related experience
- A bachelor’s degree can substitute for up to 2 years of experience
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.