Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- IS - Clinical Information Sys
- Talent Area
- Information Services
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for an Applications Architect — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll review application requirements, application and processing architecture and design, and develop, amend, optimize, and certify application and system design of Integrated Delivery Systems.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Strongly prefer- Experience with Clinical Application Support.
- Knowledge of healthcare-related operational processes.
- Eperience with clinical training and documentation.
- EPIC certification any kind is acceptable.
- Experience with Point of Care and Device Integration
- Experience supporting differnet applications
- Experience with Clinical Workflows
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes and coordinates designing of new and existing applications and architectures of
- Integrated Delivery System systems
- Coordinates/implements and controls the configuration and development of systems
- Administers program and system tests
- Develops system documentation
- Maintains systems
- Coordinates activities and information dissemination with manager, other Information Services
- personnel, users, and vendors
- Researches technology trends/directions
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Master’s degree in science preferred
- 10 years of major system design and implementation experience
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute 4 years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute for 2years of work experience
- Up to 2 years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to 2 years of information systems experience on a month to month basis
- Management or project leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge at expert level of current application and system development techniques
- Knowledge of relational databases, appropriate programming languages, data structures, associated computer hardware, computer networking, a variety of operating systems, and client/server data processing techniques
- Ability to demonstrate logic, analytical and effective verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, proven interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.