Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Specialist (RN) - Acute Care (8a - 5p)
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8A - 5P
We are searching for a Clinical Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll demonstrate theoretical and clinical expertise in the physical, psychosocial, developmental, and educational aspects of nursing care for specified patient populations and their families. You will be dedicated to promoting optimal patient/family care with the ultimate goal of enhanced patient/family outcomes.
Preferred: Behavioral Health Experience
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Collaborate with the health care team to assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the treatment approach using theoretical knowledge, sound judgment, and problem-solving
- Act as a clinical resource to staff and other members of the health care team seeking to improve the quality of patient care
- Provide consultative services to health care providers, patients, and families
- Assess the learning needs of staff, families, and patients
- Facilitate the acquisition of knowledge through formal and informal teaching
- Participate in the Quality Outcomes program and/or unit-based quality initiatives by coordinating, developing, implementing, and monitoring quality initiatives that promote optimal clinical outcomes
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse from the Texas Board of Nurses
- Basic Life Support Certificate issued by the American Heart Association
- 4 years’ experience in nursing for specified patient population
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.