Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Clinical Nutrition Services
- Talent Area
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for an Inpatient Clinical Dietician— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assess the nutritional needs of patients, develop and implement nutritional care plans, and communicate information to those in need in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of the patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Develop, implement and evaluate patient nutritional care plans
- Provide age-appropriate education to support the nutritional plan of care and assess the learning needs and readiness to learn for all patients and families
- Collaborate with other professionals to integrate and communicate nutrition principles that enhance patient outcomes
- Participate in and interpret uses for research the enhance clinical practices
- Document nutrition care effectively within medical records and utilize SBAR techniques to facilitate handoffs to the different level of care or care providers
- Contribute to departmental development and visibility by actively participating in the review and revision of nutrition-related resources and policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Registered Dietician (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registry
- Licensed Dietician (LD) from the Texas Department of Licensing
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.