Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Claims Examiner - The Health Plan
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for a Claims Examiner - someone who works well in a fast-paced managed care setting. In this position, you’ll process and adjudicate claims received for reimbursement to Providers based on extensive review, research and a detailed format of claim processing procedures. Additionally, you’ll make routine decisions including claims adjudication within the appropriate levels of authority.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Adjudicate claims received into processing system
- Thoroughly reviews, investigates and adjudicates claims daily, working oldest to newest claim in 30 days or less, and 98% of the time
- The claims are processed accurately as defined by standard guidelines
- The claims should be adjudicated with a 98% procedural accuracy rate monthly as reviewed by weekly audit reports
- Special projects as requested
- Examiner should process a minimum of 14 claims per hour, or a minimum of 98 claims per day
- The claims should be adjudicated with a 98% accuracy rate monthly as reviewed by returned claims for adjustment review
- Conducts review and investigation of pended claims and follow up with internal and external departments to finalize claims resolution within 30 days
- The claims that are manually adjudicated must have notes entered as reviewed by weekly audits, check run, returned claims, management review 98% of the time
- Access requests are processed within 30 days of receipt, with a 98% accuracy, to ensure timely resolution of claims, in adherence with HHSC regulatory requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- One year claims examination experience
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.