Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assist-Float
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- TCP ADMINISTRATION
- Talent Area
- Medical Assistant
- Full/Part Time
We are searching for a Floating Certified Medical Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll gather information and assess and provide direct care to patients. You will work collaboratively with other members of the health care team to provide age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Aids provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations, and testing as directed by provider and within the scope of practice
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per practice protocol
- Provides patient/family education as instructed by the provider or practice protocol
- Assesses patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer before initiating the referral
- Collects specimens and performs laboratory test, verifies providers’ orders and patient per practice protocol
Skills & Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduation from a medical assistant or emergency medical technician program
- BLS –Basic Life Support certificate from the American Heart Association and
CCMA– Certified Clinical Medical Assistant from the National Health Career Association (NHA), CMA-AAM– Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants, EMT– Emergency Medical Technician Certificate from the Texas Department of State Health Services, EMT-A– Advanced EMT Certificate from the Texas Department of State Health Services, EMT-B– Emergency Medical Technician Basic from the Texas Department of State Health Services, EMT-I– Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate from the Texas Department of State Health Services, EMT-P– Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic from the Texas Department of State Health Services, LIC PAR– Licensed Paramedic from the Texas Department of State Health Services, NCMA– National Certified Medical Assistant from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), NRCMA– National Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals (NAHP), or RMA– Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- 1 of year related experience
- Primary care pediatric experience
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.