Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Managed Care Contracts
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- PAYER CONTRACTING & RELATIONS
- Talent Area
- Professional - Non-Clinical
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Managed Care Contracts — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll supervise the staff responsible for the development and maintenance of managed care contracts and continually develop management programs in response to analysis and research of managed care trends. You will support and develop staff through equitable distribution of resources, assignments, and education. Experience with Hospital Managed Care Contracts is a must!
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provide leadership, development, and supervision of managers and staff
- Participate in departmental groups to represent managed care contracting needs including claims, medical management, operations, finance quality improvement, and/or related services
- Maintain adequate levels of qualified and competent staff by collaborating with hiring and training
- Collaborate with specialty program directors to solve managed care difficulties
- Partner with patient accounting, compliance, care management, and government affairs to research how managed care developments affect our entities
- Develop a comprehensive suite of reimbursement models that align the strategic objectives across multiple areas within the provide organization
- Develop and manage the Senior Pharmacy Contract Administrator in their duties to develop contracts, agreements, and amendments with pharmacy benefit managers
- Maintain reporting required for contracting and provide modeling techniques for team learning opportunities
- Develop reporting to identify needs for new payors and opportunities to improve financial performance of contracts
- Complete modeling and negotiation of risk contracts, as well as assure operational readiness for new contractual agreeements
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis functions as needed
- Review market analysis to determine specific demographic and payor trends
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, public health, or a related field
- 5 years’ hospital contracts - managed care experience required
- EPIC experience is preferred
- Master’s degree may substitute for 2 years’ experience
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.