Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Clinical Director Nursing (RN), Inpatient - Hematology/Oncology (8a - 5p)
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Registered Nurse
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 8a - 5p
We are searching for an Assistant Clinical Director of Inpatient Nursing – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll manage and oversee clinical, administrative, and Human Resources activities, as well as coordinate and ensure the delivery of high-quality, developmentally-appropriate, and family-centered care at the unit level.
Formal Leadership Experience
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Partner with staff, medical, and unit leadership to ensure clinical excellence within a family-centered care environment, utilize multiple resources for information and reports, and participate as a full partner with the Medical Director and other members of the health care team
- Demonstrate astute fiscal accountability, by using appropriate management techniques and justification for personnel, equipment, supplies, capital, and other resources
- Create and facilitate the collaboration and cooperation among diverse groups, people, and professional disciplines to achieve the desired results
- Facilitate staff participation and join the Quality Outcomes program and other unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring exemplary clinical outcomes
- Commit to the ongoing development of self, the unit leadership team, and staff to achieve professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing (BSN)
- Master’s Degree (As of 3/1/19, a master's degree in nursing, business, or a healthcare field is required. For current employees in the role as of 3/1/19, must be currently enrolled in a master's degree program with completion of degree within 3 years of signing attestation form of the master's degree requirement)
- RN - License, Registered Nurse issued by the Texas Board of Nurses
- BLS - Certification, Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
- 3 years experience in management/leadership
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.