Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ambulatory Services Rep II West Campus Sleep Lab
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- Talent Area
- Administrative Support
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 11a - 7p (some Sundays)
We are searching for a full-time Ambulatory Service Representative II with our West Campus, Sleep Lab – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers, and staff accessing ambulatory clinics. You will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status, using an electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointment, insurance, and history. Additionally, you will collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. You will also secure the financial integrity of the patient’s account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Oversees admission, check-in, welcome desk, PARs, registration, and past pending
- Oversees insurance authorization, collecting, cash, and deposits
- Coordinates schedules
- Provides customer service
- Oversees charge entry, billing, and reconciliation
- Performs other job-related functions
- Operates as Flowmaster and provides room management
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of experience in customer service
- Health care and/or pediatric experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance terminology, and customer service concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to operate a personal computer and software efficiently and operate general clinic equipment
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.