Texas Children's Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Texas Children's Hospital
- Requisition ID
- PFS AR MANAGEMENT -HB GOVT
- Talent Area
- Administrative Support
- Full/Part Time
- Shift Description
- 7a - 3:30p
We are searching for an Account Representative — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide collections follow-up on all assigned Accounts Receivable accounts to ensure continuity of cash flow and the collection of every collectible dollar with efficient account resolution.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Initiates timely contact with guarantors/third party payors to collect on outstanding receivables
- Documents follow-up activities, conversations with payors/guarantors, information obtained via the web contact, and any correspondence in the account notes
- Ensures payments received by third party payors are correct and the correct contractual discounts/allowances have been applied according to the contract matrix or government reimbursement rates
- Initiates contact with third party payors to collect on outstanding receivables that have been underpaid or denied for payment
- Maintains accounts receivable by following established departmental policy & procedures, workflow, and departmental goals
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of revenue cycle experience
- General knowledge of government, commercial, and managed care reimbursement methodologies and understanding of all federal, state, and local legal aspects of collection regulations
- Knowledge of how managed care plans work and the requirements for insurance coverage and benefits
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written, good interpersonal skills; decision-making skills; professional courtesy; the ability to operate a PC and general office equipment
- Account Representatives must have a strong math aptitude in order to be able to verify the appropriate reimbursement based upon the contract terms, benefits, and/or government regulations
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.