Texas Capital Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Portfolio Manager - Corporate Banking
at Texas Capital Bank
- Location: Address
- 2000 McKinney Ave
- Commercial & Corporate Banking
At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News. For further information, please visit us at www.texascapitalbank.com.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for maximizing portfolio performance in line with the bank's objectives. Responsibilities include monitoring the portfolio quality against established criteria and recommending adjustments to existing credit facilities as appropriate. Portfolio Managers work closely with underwriting partners and Relationship Managers (RM) to determine and evaluate potential risks as well as cross-sell opportunities. PMs provide efficient follow-up and spearhead processes to ensure best-in-class Customer Service.
- Credit/Portfolio Monitoring – work with internal partners to review compliance certificates / financial statements / borrowing base with a focus on early identification and remediation of potential trends/problems to reduce credit costs to the bank.
- Loan Maintenance - Complete downgrade / upgrade requests as risk factors decline / improve. Complete internal periodic reporting as needed. (ex. quarterly leveraged lending report, loan/deposit projections, call reports). Track Loan, ACH, and Credit Card Renewals. Ensure completion of all required credit actions by anticipating, communicating and coordinating the preparation of deliverables and response requirements by engaging Monitoring Analysts, Underwriters and Credit Officers.
- Business Development/Call Prep – Assist RM in targeted client identification; activities include- research potential clients and Develop Discovery Presentation, coordinate with internal Partners (Treasury, Private Wealth Advisors, Asset Based Lending, Syndicated Finance, Equipment Finance), to build targeted pitch based upon individual client needs.
- Qualification/Proposal – Work with RM to gather financial information from borrower to begin the diligence process. Engage underwriting to spread financial information and prepare initial cash flow to ensure there is a viable opportunity prior to completion of additional due diligence. If initial qualification is determined, work with RM to draft the preliminary term sheet and prepare Pre-Screen memo and/or engage and partner with underwriting for preparation of an OAM for submission to Credit Officer. Work with RM to present and negotiate term sheet with client.
- Credit/Credit Approval – Spearhead the request through the credit process and serve as the primary contact when appropriate. Act as the liaison between client and credit regarding ongoing needs and requests. Review the credit approval package for accuracy prior to review with the RM. Usher the package through full credit approval.
- Documentation – Work with attorneys for preparation of loan documentation, negotiation and execution, communicate material changes with credit. Manage third party requests for additional required documentation. Ensure all documents are executed, delivered to the bank and coordinate with loan closers to close and fund the loan.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field/experience required
- 2 or more years of commercial banking experience preferred, including prior experience in credit analysis and/or portfolio management with a focus on middle market and corporate clients
- Formal Credit Training (Commercial Credit Certification, or from another bank) or commensurate underwriting experience required
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to communicate with all levels of employees, management, internal committees, and client
- Must be proficient with organizational skills, ability to identify and solve problems or issues, and ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficient in Salesforce and MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)