TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sample Control Technician I-Full Time-Houston
at TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc.
Logs and tracks the receipt and shipment of all samples into and out of the laboratory and verifies receipt of samples. Assists in preparing bottle kits for delivery to clients and ensures accurate and timely documentation of sample log in, labeling, and routing. Determines the priority level and appropriate testing procedures of samples according to Chain of Custody as well as labels and stores samples in accordance with documented procedures. Additionally, the Sample Control Technician I may be responsible for pick-up and delivery of samples as well as additional customer service, driving, or courier duties as necessary to support laboratory and client needs. Sample Control Technicians will also be responsible for proper disposal of samples and waste in accordance with all applicable procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and unloads incoming samples or consignments in accordance with DOT regulations and verifies receipt against Chain of Custody (COC), matches it to the corresponding quote and notes discrepancies daily. Verifies that COC’s are accurate, complete, and correct and seeks resolution for those that are not.
- Logs samples into Lab Management System daily to assign a lot number for tracking purposes and distributes paperwork to Project Managers.
- Labels samples so they may be identified by the lot number assigned and delivers samples to appropriate labs for analysis daily.
- Prepares bottle kits daily to be shipped to clients to collect samples and return for analysis in accordance with established procedures including EPA and DOT requirements.
- Forwards samples to other laboratories in accordance with DOT regulations as needed to run tests that are not performed at that location.
- Disposes of spent samples, waste and other potentially hazardous materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitors freezer and cooler temperatures daily to confirm that the readings are within SOP guidelines.
- Cleans and organizes the department daily to promote a clean, safe work environment and smoother flow of daily operations.
- Maintains and promotes safety and conducts all operations in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Stocks and supplies inventory daily and assists with inventory of supplies to maintain proper quantity of materials to perform tasks appropriately.
- Performs splits and composites as needed upon request.
- May perform courier duties as necessitated to support lab and client needs.
- Will be compliant with all driver procedures, certification, and Company driver policies.
- Must be willing to be on-call during non-business hours in order to perform non-routine sampling and delivery.
- Assists in maintenance of walk-in coolers to facilitate locating samples.
- Ships empty coolers back to clients and other TestAmerica Laboratories. Logs all outgoing coolers in order to maintain a detailed inventory of all coolers.
- Maintains all company vehicles for sample pickups and deliveries as needed.
- Conducts all client interaction in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Other job duties as determined by local management.
- Project Manager
- Laboratory personnel
- Laboratory Director
- Outside Courier Services
Eurofins TestAmerica, the largest, fastest-growing environmental testing laboratory network in the US, attributes our success to the professionalism and technical expertise of our people. We believe that each person contributes directly to Eurofins TestAmerica growth and success. We have made a commitment to our employees to help them achieve both personal and professional growth. As the leader in the environmental testing industry, Eurofins TestAmerica provides all the elements for your success.
We realize that our employees are our most important assets, and credit our success to our employees' innovation and dedication. Accelerate your future with Eurofins TestAmerica!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Eurofins TestAmerica Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Certificate may be required for shipping hazardous chemicals within 90 days of date of hire.
- Valid state issued driver's license to operate company vehicles
- Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background check as required for company driver certification.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card as well as TSA clearance may bee required within 90 days of date of hire.
- Additional client or location licenses or certifications may be required in order to support client and operational needs.
- May drive for long periods, up to 8 hours per day.
- Office practices and equipment
- Computers, word processing software and database software
- Laboratory and testing procedures
- General mathematics
- Basic composition, spelling, grammar, punctuation
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- Communicate orally and in writing
- Organize work and pay attention to detail
Materials and Equipment Used
- Computers and basic office equipment
- Computerized shipping systems
- Personal protective equipment
- Lifting and Carrying:
Repeated lifting and carrying coolers containing samples weighing up to 50 pounds
- Pushing and Pulling:
Pushing or pulling coolers weighing up to 100 pounds. Pushes or pulls containers on dollies as needed
- Body Positions:
Standing and walking (95%) when receiving, logging and storing samples, and sitting (5%) when performing administrative responsibilities
- Body Movements:
Bending, kneeling, crouching and reaching when receiving, logging and storing samples
- Hand Use:
Unpacking and storing samples from coolers, on computer keyboard when logging in samples
Conversational hearing ability
Viewing computer screen, reading reports, checking in and storing samples, and when driving delivery vehicles
Conversational speaking ability
- 90% of time spent indoors with occasional exposure to outside elements when receiving or shipping samples
- Limited exposure to cold rooms when cleaning or stocking shelves or retrieving samples
- Constant exposure to low level noise from cooler and fume hoods
- Frequent exposure to fumes, dusts, gases and odors
- Occasional exposure to toxic, carcinogenic or corrosive chemicals
- Occasional exposure to physical, mechanical and electrical hazards
- Must be able to comply with all PPE requirements as required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.