Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director (RN) Women's Services
Job Reference #: 8579288
Director (RN) - Women's ServicesResponsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer. the Director, Maternal/Child Department, assumes responsibility for functions in Maternal/Child Department to include Labor and Delivery, Post Partum, and Nursery.
- In collaboration with the Medical Directors of the Maternal/Child Department and the Nursery, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in these areas.
- The Director, Maternal/ Child Department:
- Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of Maternal/Child Department functions.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by the Maternal/Child Department.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Maternal/Child Department Standards with collaboration with the Medical Directors and/or Chief Nursing Officer in unusual situations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, MSN preferred
- Three (3) years of clinical practice in pro-vision of maternal/child services with emphasis on leadership and management experience
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Current American Heart Association approved Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course
- NRP certification preferred