Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative
Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Operations Manager
Position type: Full time
Location: Kemah, TX
Speed Industrial Supply, part of the Tech Air Companies, is your supplier for your industrial and welding supply needs. We offer a wide variety of products in hand tools, power tools, storage solutions, material handling, dock, facility & warehouse supplies, industrial supplies, full line of welding supplies, office furniture, shipping supplies, plumbing supplies, and outdoor and ground maintenance supplies.
Summary: Provides quality service to customers, assisting them with purchase, questions, and/or complaints regarding products.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (Other duties may be assigned).
Provide a high level of service and creates a positive relationship with customers (50%)
- Opens and closes showroom daily according to location hours.
- Maintains showroom and all floor displays in a clean and organized manner.
- Provides customers with excellent service, assists them in choosing the right product for their needs, answers questions knowledgeably, and promptly resolves any issues.
- Establishes a positive, life-long relationship with customers; anticipates their needs and follows up with them as appropriate for future orders.
- Works with Purchasing Department to maintain an accurate inventory of all store products/rental equipment.
- Knowledgeable about products and services offered by the Company.
- Performs cylinder cycle counts on house accounts as necessary.
- Accurately performs daily cash out procedures.
Processes all orders in a timely fashion: (50%)
- Answers all incoming calls and responds to customer inquiries quickly and accurately.
- Prepares and generates incoming orders.
- Prepares order entry worksheets.
- Notifies customers of product availability and provides accurate delivery information.
- Records cash sales through the order system.
- Forwards order requests to credit department, following initial call to customer, for customers experiencing credit difficulties.
- Maintains an accurate journal of all transactions including rental equipment activity.
- Prepares and invoices monthly rental bills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to learn new computer systems.
- Ability to be courteous and friendly to internal/external customers.
- Excellent communication skills - phone, electronic and interpersonal.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Office, Google products).
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- License / Registrations/ Certifications: N/A
- Experience: 2+ years related experience and/or training in inside sales, industrial gases and/or welding supplies
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift at least 60 lbs on a regular basis
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug test and prework screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer