Team Industrial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Team Industrial Services
Quest Integrity, a global leader in inspection and engineering services, is seeking a Pipeline Technician who will assist
with all phases in the execution of specific pipeline integrity management jobs, which includes the pre-job, on-job and post-job responsibilities. Phases of these jobs will be carried out from their base location and on customer’s job sites using electronic equipment including, but not limited to, geophones, 22hz receivers, 22hz transmitters, laptop with tracking software, line finders, and survey equipment. While performing jobs, responsibilities will also include equipment maintenance. While not performing jobs, specific task training, operator qualifications, and safety training will be required.
Position will be based in Stafford, Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-job responsibilities may include checking equipment specific to the job requirements, compiling a tracking sheet, travel arrangements to jobsite,packing of equipment, informing other crew members of specific job duties.
- On site duties will include, write field reports on activities completed, administrative reporting,
represent the company in a professional manner, safety permits, manage and maintain company equipment. Duties can also include, pig launching, pig tracking, line finding/marking, site documentation/assessment, AGM deployment, attending operator's meetings, receiving a pig, locating a stuck pig, and cleaning pipelines.
- Post-job responsibilities will include travel arrangements, maintenance and packing of equipment, and various administration requirements such as time and expense documentation.
- Equipment maintenance and general shop upkeep.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- Maintain firm commitment to Quest Integrity and TEAM Industrial’s Core Values.
- Make safety a top priority at all times as it relates to you, all colleagues, and our
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Travel Requirement: 80% both domestic and international.
- Must be willing to travel extensively, often on short notice for durations of a few weeks day to several weeks.
- Must be able to perform shift work working either night or day shifts, week-ends, and often days of up to 14 hours. Work is often irregular with gaps of several days or potentially weeks between assignments.
- Possess reasonable credit for the purpose of booking hotels,
rent cars and occasionally airline tickets which are all reimbursable by the
company during regularly scheduled expense remittals.
- Must be able to operate a laptop computer proficiently to receive and dispatch emails, to operate an Excel spreadsheet, to be able to comprehend mapping programs such as Delorme Street Atlas & Microsoft Streets and Trips and to navigate from GPS information to locations on either of these mapping programs.
- Must be comfortable and competent in communicating in the English language by phone, text, or email to company personnel and also to outside contractors or clients.
- Must possess reasonable math skills for calculation of related subject like speed of travel, ETS’s, flow rates in Bbls/Hr etc.
- Ability to teach and impart technical and administrative skills to junior technicians and/or assistants.
- Detail oriented with a dedication to quality control and quality assurance processes.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments without sacrificing efficiency or quality of the work.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse groups of people.
- Must be customer focused, have an excellent attention to detail and a strong ability to work together in a team environment.
- Requires excellent ability to represent the company in a professional manner with regard to communicating and interfacing with clients and capable of maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Courteous and respectful in all communications with team members and clients.
- Should possess some or all of the following skills and or abilities:
- Line locating with pipe locators such as Metrotech,
Radiodetection or similar
- Operation of Wavetrak and or similar pipeline pigging
- Use of Garmin, Trimble, or equivalent GPS equipment for
the purpose of general navigation.
- Knowledge or experience with Above Ground marker (AGM)
systems from as many of the following as possible (NDT, Tuboscope, GE, Rosen,
- Be able to walk pipeline right-of-ways for distances of
several miles, work outdoors, stand for extensive periods, and be capable of
lifting equipment into and out of crates or truck beds of 70lbs or more.
- Candidates require a driver’s license and the ability to
rent auto. Also require good hearing and
vision for the operation of visual and acoustic pipeline equipment.
- US Dept of Trans. / Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety
Administration (PHMSA) Operator Qualifications (OQ’s). Should possess as many as practical or be
able to qualify for training of all OQ’s deemed related to the assigned duties.
- Possess or be able to qualify for a US Gov. Terminal
Workers Identification Card (TWIC) for access to restricted work sites. Should also possess or be able to obtain a
- Candidates will be required to undergo US DOT drug & alcohol testing for transportation industry workers. This will be an ongoing requirement.