Team Industrial Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assessment Engineer- Pipeline
at Team Industrial Services
Quest Integrity, a global leader in inspection and engineering services, is seeking an Assessment Engineer-Pipeline who will be responsible for accurate and timely analysis of ultrasonic in-line inspection data. While working with the rest of pipeline services team to efficiently process and analyze data, they will also produce fitness-for-service assessments and finalization of reports for state-of-the-art inline inspections of pipelines.
Position located in Stafford, Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and analyze data that has been acquired during an inline inspection using proprietary software applications.
- Run burst pressure calculations according to established pipeline codes and inspection data.
- Read and interpret pipeline alignment sheets, as-built drawings and other pipeline information.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and pipeline codes.
- Partner with other data analysts to ensure quality and timeliness of reports.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to produce fitness-for-service reports from inspection data and other pipeline construction information.
- Communicate clearly with clients and colleagues.
- Final report presentation. Interim findings as applicable and time sensitive.
- Analysis and software training.
- Provide recommendations to drive improvements in processes, inspection technology and software applications.
- Assist in the development of data analysis teams.
- Standardize processes and procedures.
- Propose software improvement.
- Comply with all local governmental requirements as set forth to perform required duties.
- Make safety a top priority at all times.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Four (4) year engineering degree, previous job-specific work experience an asset.
- Must meet ASNT ILI PQ 2005 Level 2 requirements for data analyst.
- Requires familiarity with current US pipeline regulations and standards.
- Data analysis experience in any ILI technology considered.
- Data analysis experience in multiple ILI technologies a plus.
- Ultrasonic compression wave qualification preferred.
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills.
- Must be proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Requires excellent ability to represent the company in a professional manner with regard to communicating and interfacing with clients and capable of maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be customer focused, have an excellent attention to detail and a strong ability to work in a team environment.
- In order to interpret graphic inspection results, must be able to distinguish different shades and combination of colors, such as green, red, yellow and blue.
- Must possess intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.