Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Accountant II
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a Staff Accountant II working for Taylor Morrison you will perform professional accounting work including the examination, analysis, maintenance, reconciliation, and verification of financial records and related duties as required.
We trust that as a Staff Accountant II you will: (responsibilities)
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts including intercompany and bank accounts
- Prepare and review annual budget and quarterly updates
- Conduct monthly analysis and reporting of financial statements
- Process biweekly payroll including sales commissions
- Ensure compliance with company accounting policies and procedures
- Contribute with internal and external auditors as needed
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Copes with Pressure
- Time Management
- You have at a minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or have successfully completed the assigned TM360 Learning curriculum if applicable. Bachelor’s degree in Construction or related field preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and practices
- Homebuilding/job costing experience preferred
- Computer literacy, including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Credit report in good standing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Will have responsibilities such as:
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.