Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Strategic Account Manager - Indirect Markets
at Syniverse Technologies
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
80 % New Business Development and Existing key Channel & Alliance partner account growth and retention through strategic selling skills:
• Develop and execute strategic sales plans aligned with Corporate goals; hunt new partner accounts and grow existing Channel & alliance partner accounts, deliver sales presentations, negotiate and close large deals of strategic importance.
• Build customer relationships at all organizational levels to support, renew and further penetrate existing accounts.
Prospect and Cultivate new partner logos and drive new business opportunities to drive revenue across System Integrators, Strategic Alliances and Channel Partners.
• Lead a unified, proactive, value-added account team approach to ensuring appropriate levels of direct customer support, while maximizing Syniverse account team resources.
• Review market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
• Foster positive working relationships between Syniverse and customer organizations to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction; participate in the development of strategic customer planning sessions and reviews to ensure organizational alignment with customer needs and desires.
• Generate new ideas for service and product opportunities; monitor and evaluate the competitions’ activities and products; anticipate opportunities the competition may exploit and work to close the gap.
• Represent Syniverse at industry events to promote products and services, network with relevant stakeholders, and stay current with market trends.
20 % Perform reporting and administrative activities:
• Analyze and control expenses to conform to accounting requirements and budgetary constraints.
• Prepare periodic reports of sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
• Maintain accuracy of online systems designed to report status and progress; i.e., Salesforce.com, etc.
100 % Total Time (Must Equal 100%)
• 12+ years in technology sales (solution sales approach), plus Bachelor's degree (or equivalent job-related experience)
12+ years of related experience with Channel and Alliance partners
Proven track record of success with building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with Channels & Alliance partners
Advanced understanding of company’s suite of messaging products and network capabilities
• A proven track record of consistently maintaining a robust sales pipeline that supports/exceeds revenue forecasts
• A proven track record of developing sales for new products
• Must be action- and results-oriented, a team player, and adaptable
• Able to think strategically and develop executive-level contacts quickly
• Must have business savvy, strong negotiation skills, and ability to close large complex deals
• Ability to solve practical problems, involving a wide range of variables, in creative ways
• Knowledge of spreadsheet software and sales-related software
• Travel required for this position is 25-50%
Syniverse is the world’s most connected company—we pioneer innovations that take businesses further. Our secure, global network reaches billions of people and devices. Our engagement platform powers the customized experiences of the future. And the millions of secure transactions we drive every minute are revolutionizing how goods and services are exchanged. We have always led companies to reimagine the boundaries of possibility. Today we’re delivering on opportunities with the power to change the world. www.syniverse.com