SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coastal Restoration Engineer (Licensed)
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- US-Any | US-LA-Baton Rouge | US-MA-Amherst | US-CA-Pasadena | US-CA-Half Moon Bay | US-CA-San Francisco
- Business Development
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of delivering the very best in environmental consulting services for your clients? Projects will include sites across the U.S. within SWCA's geographic footprint. The position will entail travel and short-term overnight efforts to collect field data and meet with clients.
We are seeking a skilled Ecological Restoration Engineer who has experience in coastal restoration design projects, including any of the following: freshwater or brackish water wetland, coastal marsh, barrier island, shoreline, hydrologic, sediment diversion, and/or coastal ridge restoration. The candidate must have a strong skill set in coastal hydrologic modeling and analysis, landform design in AutoCAD Civil 3D (or similar), and a working knowledge of GIS principles.
What you will accomplish
- Engineering design of ecological restoration and enhancement projects including: including any of the following: freshwater or brackish water wetland, coastal marsh, barrier island, shoreline, hydrologic, sediment diversion, and/or coastal ridge restoration;
- Perform engineering (landform and hydrologic) and vegetation design and development of construction plans of the above listed project types;
- Supervise and mentor CADD technicians in the development of construction plans within the AutoDesk Civil 3D platform;
- Perform water resources, hydrologic, and water quality assessments, modeling, and analysis in the coastal zone setting; and,
- Keep projects on schedule and on budget and report to Director of Ecological Restoration.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A minimum of an Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Coastal Engineering or related degree required, Master’s Degree in Civil or Coastal Engineering or related degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer License required. Licensed in multiple states a plus.
- Experience with AutoCad Civil 3D or similar, hydrologic modeling and analysis, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel, and various other civil engineering software preferred.
- Experience developing coastal ecological restoration design construction plans in the AutoCad Civil 3D environment preferred.
- Willingness to be trained in GIS, if not already proficient.
- Ability to work independently and with Project Managers and multi-task regularly in a fast-paced environment with multiple changes; work under pressure & meet tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in supporting development of proposals and business development, client management a plus.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.