Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
Surgical Care Affiliates is seeking a Regional CEO/Administrator to be located in Dallas
This role will report to the Vice President, Operations and will provide interim CEO/Administrator support to facilities within a five-state region on an as needed basis. Travel is required.
Surgical Care Affiliates owns and provides management services to over 230 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with over 3,000 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities – clinically, operationally, and financially. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Provides interim CEO and/or DON leadership support to a facility on an as needed basis throughout the needed markets:
- Travel is required 25-75% of time pending the location of teammate and where the interim opportunity is located.
- Provides leadership to a team of clinical and business professionals, focused on clinical quality outcomes, labor efficiencies, supply chain management, volume growth drivers and revenue cycle optimization
- Provides support to the facility by managing the surgery center business to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the facility’s P&L; managing financial controls and reporting. Ensures timely completion of all required financial and operational reports; responsible for the monitoring of expenses and the reporting of variances recommending changes as needed to meet projected net income
- Manages operational strategies using the SCA execution model
- Develops and maintains an effective marketing program that encompasses physicians, patients, medical groups, and third-party payers focused on case volume growth
- Safeguards the facility’s assets and ensures that facility’s building and/or tenant improvements and equipment are maintained in good working order and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Responsible for creating a fair, open environment for all teammates. Ensure consistency of treatment and application of policy. The position serves as the on-site Personnel Director and ensures fair and prompt resolution of teammate complaints, grievances and operating problems
- Depending upon specific facility needs, may participate in the provision or direct patient care consistent with licensure, experience and current competence in the level of patient care provided
- Partners with RVP and other field operations leadership, and Support Services resources as needed, for various growth initiatives and operational improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day-to-day operations
- Operational knowledge facility management, life-safety codes and environment of care requirements and is proactive in managing the facility operations and repairs
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care
- Interacts with all physicians, patients, families, visitors and teammates in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional facility environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical field of study required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an administrator in outpatient surgery setting, practice, or hospital setting OR Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or Management with progressively responsible financial, personnel, operations management experience in a health care setting preferred
- Background in ambulatory or outpatient surgery strongly preferred
- Experience demonstrating a high-level ability to effectively manage and allocate organization resources is required
- Operational management experience such as budgeting, financial management, clinical services management credentialing, accreditation, or similar strongly preferred
- Demonstratable leadership ability, relentless follow through, effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and proven ability to interact well with physicians and surgeons is required
- Physician recruitment experience preferred
- Physician relationship management required
Please click HERE to apply.