Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Surgical Technologist
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
INOV8 Surgical is an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) located on the first floor in the adjacent medical office building to INOV8 Orthopedics. It is a single specialty ASC offering a wide range of services. Hours of operation will be 7:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday. There will be a total of 5 Operating Rooms. There are 6 Pre-Op beds, 8 Recovery beds and 4 private rooms to provide 23 hour observation services. INOV8 Surgical opened in July of 2019 and specializes in out-patient joint procedures.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The CST performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization and certification board. Sterile Processing experience is necessary and the position also requires support the SPD department.
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse and according to facility policy and procedure.
- Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures when providing patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all emergency situations.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care needs in an emergency situation and under direction of Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Initiates and implements basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BCLS) under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to meet patients and family's learning needs as identified in the plan of care under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Orients the patient and family to the patient care environment and facility routines as directed by Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to implement the teaching plan for the patient and family as directed.
- Assists the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse to provide appropriate interventions related to patient and environmental safety issues.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for education and training specific to job position, duties, role and responsibilities and according to facility policy and schedule.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s care under the direction of the Clinical Leader/Registered Nurse.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Will be required to work in the Sterile Processing Department
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Certified in Sterile Processing
- Certified Surgical Technician
- BLS Certification
- OR experience at an ASC or hospital preferred
- Prior purchasing experience required
- Proficient in Excel & Word required
- Working knowledge of inventory management system preferred
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org