Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Supreme Lending
Senior Underwriter - Remote Available
I. JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Director of Underwriting, handles underwriting of loans in accordance with company and investor guidelines to ensure quality loans.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes thorough analyses of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor and FHA/VA guidelines.
- Evaluates credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans to ensure an investment quality loan product.
- Verifies accuracy of all calculations.
- Assists with the training of new underwriters.
- Ability to underwrite loan amounts up to $749,999 with the exception of government high balance loans.
- Maintains company productivity level and complies with designated turnaround time for underwriting of files.
- Communicates loan decisions to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Communicates with appropriate parties, including branch personnel and underwriters to obtain further information, present proposals, and explain company underwriting policies.
- Complies and provides required reports to management as needed.
- Keeps Encompass updated as required.
- Responds to reviews and audits in a timely manner.
- Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the following designations: Conventional including MI, FHA, USDA, and VA Credit or VA SAR.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with branch, regional and corporate personnel.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making ability.
- Aptitude for figures and ability to work effectively under specific time constraints.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the company.