Superior Energy Services, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design Engineer 2
at Superior Energy Services, inc.
- Company Name
- Superior Completion Services
SES, LLC – Completion Services, a Superior Energy Services Company, has the technology, resources and experience to deliver effective sand control and stimulation services in any downhole condition. Challenging completions on the shelf, in deepwater and in ultra-deepwater arenas demand state-of-the-art technology that reduces risk, increases completion efficiencies and maximizes production. Superior Energy's field proven best-in-class sand control tools and stimulation services minimize risk, reduce completion costs and deliver optimized completions. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
Superior Completion Services is currently seeking a Design Engineer for our Completion Tools Research, Design, and New Product Development Engineering Group in Houston, TX.
The Design Engineer is responsible for the design and testing of new downhole completion tools products for oil and gas wells based on customer requirements, as well as the maintenance of existing designs. The successful candidate will be responsible for: Preparing and reviewing engineering documents for prototyping and production; providing support to the Design Engineering Group during prototype testing of equipment; troubleshooting failed equipment or processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate layouts and detailed engineering calculations for new and modified equipment designs
- Actively participate in development design reviews and make “best choice” recommendations
- Ensure that manufacturing drawings are consistent with the working layouts for product designs
- Assist in assembly and lab testing of prototypes
- Draft documentation of new products
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing, assembly, and operation personnel
- Review machine drawings and advise on manufacturability
- Initiate, check and approve change notices, test requests, and write test reports
- Disposition of rejected parts.
- Work with minimum supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or comparable degree) is required
- 10 years or more of Product Development / Design Engineering experience in downhole Oil and Gas Tools is required
- Product Development experience in Completion Tools, including packers and other completion accessories is strongly preferred
- 3D modelling skills are required; working knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor is preferred
- Ability to work “hands on” in a test lab and/or manufacturing facility
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication, efficiency and time management skills are required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or comparable degree) is required
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”.