Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Pipeline Engineer
at STV Incorporated
STV currently has an opening in our Houston office for a Junior Pipeline Engineer in our Energy division.
- Working under the direction of Project Managers in the development of pipeline routes, the Junior Pipeline Engineer will perform design calculations and develop pipeline alignments with CAD designers.
- Communicate and coordinate the acquisition of road, railroad, and water crossing permits.
- Prepare material specifications for pipe, valves, fittings and fabricated assemblies. Develop construction specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- 0-3 years of Civil/Pipeline Design experience.
- Knowledgeable of US and Industry Codes and Standards such as DOT 192 and 195; ASME B31.4; API Recommended Practices 1104, 1117, 1102; API 5L.
- Experience with selecting pipeline routes, identifying utility conflicts, available construction work space.
- Able to perform pipe sizing calculations; HDD stress calculations.
- Must have experience developing pipeline route maps and alignment drawings, plan/profile construction and permit drawings. Prepare written specifications for support services and construction.
- Able to interface with other disciplines such as ROW, environmental, and clients.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.