Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pool EKG Technician II
at Steward Health Care System
Under general direction of the Nurse Manager and using an ECG machine, the ECG technician will take basic 12-lead ECG’s on adult and pediatric patients according to department procedure. The ECG technician will connect and disconnect holter monitors and assist with miscellaneous clerical/computer related duties; i.e., editing ECG’s on system and patient charging. They will carry out job duties consistent with St. Joseph
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the
, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center. Mission
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Performs ECG’s on adult and pediatric patients following department procedures.
- Will be responsible for HBOC patient order entry, procedure charging and miscellaneous.
- HBOC computer procedures, i.e., printing patient ‘facesheets’.
- Edits all emergency room ECG’s and transmits to the Cardiology management system.
- Edits all transmitted ECG’s by correcting all patient demographic information.
- Edits all confirmed ECG’s by correctly deleting interpretation phrases and using
the appropriate acronym or ‘free text’ phrase.
10. Assists in report delivery by faxing ECG reports to appropriate physican’s office
and includes charting confirmed ECG copy on patient’s chart for all inpatients.
11. Assists in holter monitor ‘connect and disconnect’ procedure. Performs other
duties as assigned by the Manager.
12. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
13. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1 year or more experience preferred.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- 1 year or more in a health care environment, with EKG experience is desired but
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to read and write legibly in order to edit patient reports and communicate effectively
with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Analytical skills necessary to perform HBOC/computer related procedures.
- Ability to concentrate and work at a computer station with attention to detail for approximately
- 30% of their work schedule.
For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.