Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Store Management in Houston, TX at Star Furniture
at Star Furniture
Store Manager is responsible for the general store day to day operations while fostering an inclusive and collaborative work environment that drives business results, ensures store team provides a great Customer Experience, and develops a team of highly engaged store associates whose actions and performance embody IT. The Store Manager also oversees the implementation and execution of all company initiatives.
Reports To: Regional Manager
- Meets/exceeds Monthly and Annual Sales Goals
- Meets Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in Bedding and Upholstery.
- Ensures store team provides the level of Guest Experience that exemplifies IT.
- Responsible for the Training and Development of the store team.
- Ensures all Prospecting Standards are monitored and executed.
- Responsible for implementing Visual Presentation Standards.
- Ensures that all store management is accountable for meeting their Monthly Goals.
- Works with HR Department to maintain approved staffing levels.
- Implements all merchandising, marketing and promotional strategies.
- Assesses selling associates performance and develops action plan for underperforming associates (PIP)
- Ensures compliance to Star Selling System.
- Reviews customer reviews with store team.
- Adheres to Star’s inventory control policies.
- Attends monthly store managers meeting.
- Coordinates and facilitates daily store meetings.
- Preferably 5 years of experience in retail management with a track record of meeting sales goals and developing teams.
- Experience leading big teams.
- College degree highly preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Business Acumen
- Technical Aptitude
- Inspiring & Driven
- Strategic Thinker
- Excellent Communication
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises the store management, sales teams, and all other employees.
This position operates in a retail showroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, tablets and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may stand and/or walk up to 6-7 hours in an 8-hour work day.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a store management level position and hours of work would routinely be 40+ hours per week. Given the nature of the position, there may be occasions that extra hours may be required. Works all high impact events.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Pay Plan
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
- Generous Employee Discount