Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Visual Merchandiser in Houston, TX at Star Furniture
at Star Furniture
Visual Merchandising Store Lead
Job Summary: Works with the Visual Merchandising Manager and relevant business partners to develop and implement the ongoing visual merchandising strategy. Responsible for planning and organizing store displays to drive business and increase sales.
Reports To: Visual Merchandising Manager
- Follows corporate directives, coordinates display direction with the Visual Merchandising Manager
- Partners with the store team to achieve successful implementation of the defined product strategy.
- Oversees and assesses visual standards and executional excellence in store.
- Coaches, develops, and motivates visual merchandising team.
- Directs execution of approved floor plans.
- Monitors store appearance.
- Provides design and project management support to buyers and merchandising team, as needed.
- Assesses needs of the store, the merchandising team, and processes/procedures for improvements in productivity.
- 5 years of Visual Merchandising experience for Home Décor or Retail Furniture industry
- Strong space planning, time management and organizational skills
- Must have a creative eye for design
- Able to take direction and take initiative independently
- MUST be a team player and enthusiastic about their job
Education & Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Design, Space Planning, or similar relevant field is preferred
- Experience in furniture merchandising is preferred
- Team Player
- Highly Motivated
- Detail Oriented
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
This position operates in a showroom / retail floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, tablets and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This position and hours of work would routinely be 40+ hours per week. Given the nature of the position, there may be occasions that extra hours may be required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
- Generous employee discount