St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical; 7a-7p- Day Shift
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Assess and provides care for patients in adult and older adult age groups according to the plan of care and physician orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients.
- Manages pre & post care of patients undergoing diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
- Assesses needs and coordinates care of the medical and terminally ill patient.
- Prepares patients for transfer to SNF, Rehab Unit, and extended care centers.
- Manages pain control needs of patients with sickle cell crisis and acute and chronic pain.
- Provides education congruent with age related needs for the adult and older adult.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The 5th floor Medical/Surgical unit contains 55 beds and provides medical and surgical care to patients requiring inpatient hospital services. The Department has telemetry capability for use in any room.
One year experience in Medical / Surgical in an acute care setting.
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of
to practice professional nursing. Texas
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
Education & Training
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.