St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Department: Medical Surgical (Med Surg)
Shift: Nights, 7p-7a, 3rd Shift
*$10k Sign On Bonus with a minimum of 2 yrs of experience in Medical Surgical (Med Surg)
Assess and provides care for patients in adult and older adult age groups according to the plan of care and physician orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in caring for patients.
- Manages pre & post care of patients undergoing diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
- Assesses needs and coordinates care of the medical, surgical and terminally ill patients.
- Prepares patients for transfer to SNF, Rehab Unit, and extended care centers.
- Manages pain control through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concisedocumentation.
- Provides care and education congruent with age related needs for patients ages 18 through older adult population.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to
- Engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Low cost parking
- Loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual Employee Wellness Check
- Up to 20% Employee Discount - Gift Shop, Onsite Cafe and Cafeteria
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED