St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Charge RN - Labor & Delivery - FT, 7p - 7a *** $12k Sign On Bonus Available ***
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Serves patients - adolescent and adults, ages 12 -54 with a variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses and manages laboring woman’s physical condition/parameters and progress through the labor and delivery, including significant other in the process
- Assesses fetal well being by means of electronic fetal monitoring and other standard parameters
- Immediate stabilization of the neonate
- Maternal recovery after delivery (vaginal or cesarean section)
- Assumes circulating role for vaginal or cesarean section delivery
- Assesses for and in collaboration with medical staff, stabilizes and evaluates effectiveness of interventions for obstetrical/medical complications such as:
· Pre-term Premature Rupture of Membranes (PPROM)
· Pre-term Labor (PTL)
· Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH)
· Hemolysis Elevated Liver Enzymes and Low Platelets (HELLP)
· Placenta Previa
· Placental Abruption
- Initiates parent infant bonding promoting a baby-friendly environment
- Assesses learning needs and teaches patient and family
Scope of Care:
The Family Birth Center (FBC) comprises of 2 floors of the Women's Center. The third floor has twenty-eight (28) beds and a Transition Nursery. The fourth floor has twenty-two (22) beds with the capability to flex up to twenty-eight (28) beds. The fourth floor has the capability of a Transition Nursery.
One year experience in high risk L&D.
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of
to practice professional nursing. Texas
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
- Current NRP certification required.
Education & Training
- Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring education annually.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED