St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiologic / Cat Scan Technologist - PRN - The Heights Campus
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 1805382
Promotes quality patient care through the performance of diagnostic and invasive CT scan procedures utilizes appropriate technique, established protocols, physician directions, and age specific guidelines. Maintains thorough knowledge of contrast agents, CT scanners, injector systems, supplies, radiation safety and quality assurance guidelines and applies such knowledge in day to day performance of duties.
Hours of operation: 24 hours/7 days
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One year experience in CT imaging.
- Two years' experience in Radiography (requirement may be met through completion of the clinical phase of a two year approved radiology technology program).
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services License.
- Current BCLS certification.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Graduate from an approved/accredited School of Radiologic Technology required.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!