St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PACS Analyst, PRN-Shift Varies
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Responsible for leading the Picture Archiving and Communication system (PACS). Additionally, this position will act as a liaison in digital imaging initiatives within the Medical Imaging Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Assists department in the development of operating standards, policies and procedures related to PACS. Reviews comments from customers, compiles and analyzes support data and recommends procedural and education changes as appropriate.
5. Works closely with radiology to identify and design future needs and efficient workflow processes which include further integration into operations of PACS.
6. Acts as a liaison between radiology and other departments related to PACS initiatives and procedures and assists with existing or new medical imaging endeavors.
7. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
8. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Three to Five years of experience in the Radiology field.
- ARRT preferred
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Excellent understanding of operating systems (i.e. Windows 95/98/NT/XP) and Web Browser use (Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) required along with familiarity with specific radiology information system application.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.