St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapist (OT) - FT, Days
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1806178
Assesses and treats patients with physical disorders. Plans treatment programs relevant to physical dysfunction. Performs appropriate Occupational Therapy evaluations. Designs and implements appropriate treatment plans based on the analysis and interpretation of evaluation results. Maintains proper documentation. Reports all appropriate data to patient's record. Serves as a resource person to other health team members. Participates in case conferences and quality assurance activities. Assists with inservices, and contributes to the development of staff education and orientation programs. Responsible for personal and professional development. Participates in creating and maintaining an atmosphere which supports the SJMC St. Joseph Mission, value and SPIRIT. Consistently provides positive customer service.
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department treats inpatients in the following areas: Acute Care, ICU, Rehab, TCU, Orthopedics, NICU, and Wound Care.
Hours of Operation:
Inpatient services are available Sunday through Saturday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
The department is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Christmas, and Thanksgiving Day.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Work requires a professional level of knowledge acquired through the completion of a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree program in Occupational Therapy, in order to perform Occupational Therapy evaluations, and design and implement treatment programs. New graduates and experienced therapists are eligible for hire.
- Current Texas license as an Occupational Therapist
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support certification required.
Education & Training:
Graduates of an accredited Bachelors of Occupational Therapy degree program, Masters of Occupational Therapy or Doctorate of Occupational Therapy program are eligible for hire.
One year experience preferred but new graduate will be accepted.
- Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to use judgment in the planning and execution of occupational therapy programs and supervision of support personnel.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and occupational therapy treatments in order to administer appropriate therapies.
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate the patient's physical and functional status established therapy goals, observe, and document the patient's progress and condition.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!