Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Sales and Merchandising Manager, Produce & Floral
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Store Support Staff (Corporate/Field Support)
- Position Type
- Requisition ID
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of department sales plans within assigned distribution center regions that align overall with department and company strategies. The Sr. Sales and Merchandising Manager plans and directs all aspects of product assortment, pricing, promotion, and display programs in line with overall department business objectives and initiatives. The Sr. Manager analyzes past buying trends, sales records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value and develops programs and initiatives to meet targeted expectations. This position is also responsible for the achievement of sales objectives, profitability goals, market share and competitive position strategies.
- Develops weekly print, digital, and in-store promotions in accordance with department and total company promotional plans and strategies.
- Coordinates implementation of defined product availability/assortment strategies by market that are in line with company objectives and targets by category, including locally grown programs for key markets.
- Collaborates with Category and Pricing teams to analyze competitive retail audits by market and execute regular retail pricing strategies that meet defined targets and objectives by category and region.
- Manages and disseminates weekly plan-o-grams that guide merchandising and product allocation strategies to drive competitive differentiation, value perception, basket growth, and product turns/freshness.
- Coordinates key locally grown initiatives by region including the definition of core commodities, pricing and promotional programs, and development of POS materials and grower profiles
- Communicates all pertinent information and direction to the field and store teams to ensure successful implementation of category merchandising plans, promotional orders and pre-books, new product launches, and seasonal category events.
- Partners with the Sourcing and Procurement teams to effectively support achievement of defined goals around DC fill-rates, product turns, forced allocations/exit strategies, and shrink.
- Develops strategies with Category and Sourcing Managers to partner on product innovation and sales programs to enhance presentation, packaging, pricing, and assortment.
- Participates in the education and training of field and store team members to help deliver a high-level of knowledge sharing and culture building.
- Conducts regularly scheduled store and competitive market visits to gather intel and store/customer feedback necessary to recognize and address business gaps and capitalize on opportunities.
- Ensures that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
- Manages and communicates weekly, monthly and quarterly department financial performance reports for the geographic areas of responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Grocery industry experience required.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years professional experience.
- Preferred 5-7 years grocery retail experience in Natural Foods processes and procedures.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
- Grocery category product knowledge preferred.
- Financial, mathematical, statustical and consumer research experience preferred to read, interpret and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high-volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative for making appropriate decisions and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and skills for maintaining effective business relationships with peers, senior management, customers, and vendors.
- Must have advanced knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Familiarity with Category Business Planning with an understanding of marketing and merchandising practices.
- Possesses the ability to read and interpret category and financial performance reports and be capable of gathering insights to effectively drive financial improvement.
- Has excellent people skills for training and communicating with customers and stores; requires a high level of patience.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.