Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QMHP III / MH Liaison
at Spindletop Center
Job Code (Position #):
Current Pay Range:
$32,364 - $41,722
# of Openings:
JOB PURPOSE: Provide face-to-face crisis intervention services to individuals, families, and groups and determines if clients’ needs can be met with brief, informal crisis intervention, and assess the need for more formal mental health services. Work involves travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral or human services or is a registered nurse. (Social, behavioral, and human services are: psychology; social work; medicine; nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology; human development; physician’s assistant; gerontology; education psychology; special education; early childhood intervention; or early childhood education). Experience in providing mental illness/substance abuse crisis intervention services preferred.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): Bachelor’s degree as specified above or a licensed RN.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS (specify):
Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required if employee will operate personal vehicle on Center property or for Center business. Must be insurable by Center’s liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business. Must complete all CORE training requirements in month in which they are due.
- Apply crisis intervention tools to the crisis situations of adult and children in the community
- Ensure quality assurance and utilization review processes
- Understand mental illness, substance abuse, and the emotional components of physical illness
- Identify and if needed provide adjunct services to problem areas, service gaps, and obstacles to recovery
- To understand crisis mental health theory, goals, and issues
- Preferred: Bilingual (Spanish or other, including ASL, as needed by the program)