Southwest Water Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Tech II - Water Utility
at Southwest Water Company
- 20-Mar-2019 (PST)
- Decker Hills
- Magnolia, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Field Technician II performs routine checks of water and/or wastewater treatment systems; responsible for compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local rules/regulations. Assist in all areas of operations, maintenance, and customer service as needed for all facility systems within the company. Will perform all supervisor assigned task.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Performs routine checks of the facilities; responsible for compliance with TCEQ or NPDES permit. Observes and monitors equipment and operations daily; assesses problems, diagnoses equipment failures; checks water well(s), lift station(s), treatment plants, etc.
- Operates belt presses; ensures that facility is clean at all times - scrubs and washes down facility as required.
- Orders supplies as needed in order to maintain inventory.
- May provide functional supervision of Field Technician in Training; establishes priorities, determines duties, schedules work, provides training as needed.
- Performs daily analyses of effluent samples; makes any adjustments necessary to keep facility within permit limits; sets up sampler for required regulatory samples.
- Maintains daily log of data for EPA and TCEQ reports.
- Assists with scheduling and performing routine preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Assists with water and wastewater line repairs, new line installation, other work as directed.
- Inspect and maintains pumps, motors, valves and other plant equipment in working order, troubleshooting problems as they arise.
- Pull motors and pumps for repair, and fabrication of parts as necessary.
- Respond to and investigate customer service calls.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : Requires knowledge normally acquired through attainment of a High School Diploma or GED plus job-related skills and technical knowledge of water and wastewater operations and maintenance attained by specialized course and on-the-job training.High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : Requires two years of directly related experience in water and/or wastewater system operations, maintenance, customer service, and prefer experience operating back-hoe and/or track-hoe equipment.One to two years related experience
TCEQ License: A class C Water or C Wastewater Certification issued by the TCEQ. The applicant must obtain a class C Water and Wastewater Certification issued by the TCEQ within 1 year of accepting the position and a CSI by the TCEQ within 2 year of accepting the position.
Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel) required, attainable through education/training and/or on-the-job training. Microsoft Office Suite.
Requires interaction and cooperation to coordinate work, resolve problems and obtain information. Requires application of a variety of procedures and guidelines and the adaptation of standard methods to differing situations. Job may require occasional irregular hours, shift work, working weekends, being on call.