Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Director of Recreation and Vocational Education - Houston
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
The Director of Recreation and Vocational Education is responsible for developing and monitoring the recreation activities and vocational curricula within the assigned Unaccompanied Minor’s programs. The Director of Recreation and Vocational Education is required to maintain a flexible, organized and efficient work schedule and is subject to work extended hours, weekends, and be on-call.
- Provide oversight to all regional vocational education and recreation programs to include assessment, development and implementation of policy and procedures in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Collaborate with regional executive management team and other service directors to ensure compliance with regulations in policy development/implementation, as well as on-going program refinement based upon advances in the field.
- Prepare written reports and presentations related to vocational and recreational programming, and deliver to appropriate audiences as needed.
- Design and develop vocational and recreational curriculum that is developmentally and age appropriate.
- Assess and monitor vocational education and recreation documentation.
- Complete and submit required client vocational and recreational documentation to designated personnel.
- Maintain a clean, safe and hazard-free educational facility/classroom in collaboration with Education department.
- Maintain inventory of vocational education and recreation materials and equipment.
- Review and approve vocational education lesson plans for the region.
- Coordinate services with all departments to ensure coordinated efforts in addressing the care and treatment of all clients.
- Provide oversite to the region in the planning and coordination of special events, acculturation activities and recreational outing. Provide assistance in the coordination of student council program as well as regional activities and other meaningful experiences for Southwest Key youth which promotes volunteerism and learning.
- Develop professional development trainings for Vocational Coordinators, Vocational intructors and Recreation Coordinators.
- Document all actions taken and contacts with youth, sponsor, and stakeholders in the form of progress notes (efforts) as required by SWK, State and Federal contracts.
- Must be available to travel to Southwest Key sites and community, as needed, in order to support necessary program operations and as needed for required training and implementation of new initiatives.
- Attend case staffing with funding source representative.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attend all organizational required trainings.
- Attend all departmental and program meetings to ensure that up-to-date information is received and/or information of policy changes or practice are adhered to.
- Attend training that will enhance professional growth.
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other unforeseen occurrences.
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences or to transport youth to destinations located within the S.
- Maintain a safe, clean and hazard-free work area.
- Ensure the proper supervision of youth at all times.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but a minimum of five (5) years of direct Southwest Key Programs experience or equivalent experience is required; two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with curriculum development.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Required to work a flexible schedule to facilitate program services.
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Cleared drug test results (this one is for Texas programs only).
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
Must be able to obtain Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification and First Aid Certification (CPR). Must be able to supervise clients indoors and outdoors as necessary. Bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs required to complete daily tasks. Job requires extended periods of sitting; use of various office equipment.
This is a twenty four hour residential facility at which minors receive multiple services. Three shifts per twenty four hour period. Work shifts are subject to change. Noise levels vary from mild to moderate. Predominantly indoors, occasional outdoor monitoring or activities.