Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for maintaining the facility in a functional, presentable, and safe condition.
- Maintain program facility in a safe, functional and presentable manner.
- Assist in preforming general repair/maintenance to include, but not limited to electrical, building, plumbing, landscaping, painting, carpentary, and basic remodeling.
- Ensure all maintenance equipment and supplies are accounted for at all times.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and security of all maintenance equipment and supplies related to the facility and grounds.
- Respond to all work orders in a timely manner.
- Request maintenance supplies and equipment as needed from maintenace supervisor or designee.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, and other grounds features.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A combination of one of the following:
o Two (2) to three (3) years experience in maintenance work preferred.
o Formal maintenance training.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems, basic construction knowledge and skills.
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.
- Cleared drug test results (Texas programs only).
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
Must be able to obtain Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification and First Aid Certification (CPR). Must be able to supervise clients indoors and outdoors as necessary. Bending, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs required to complete daily tasks. Most activities include repetitive motions and can include overhead reaching.
This is a twenty four hour residential facility at which minors receive multiple services. Three shifts per twenty four hour period. Work shifts are subject to change. Noise levels vary from mild to moderate. Predominantly outdoors, occasional indoor monitoring or activities. This is a fast paced environment with various sharp objects present and extreme temperatures. Involves walking and standing for extended periods of time.