Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
The Room Attendant (RA) works with the Housekeeping Management Team to clean guest rooms and public space areas, and/or work in the commercial laundry facility, in accordance with brand time, product and placement standards to ensure total guest satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning the kitchen area, room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is completed so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
- When assigned to laundry, monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working order. Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and manufacturers’ guidelines. Receive soiled linens and inspect for damaged or stained items. Fold and store clean linens, report damages to supervisor.
- Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of housekeeping.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Handle all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Some previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred; other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.