Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Supervisor - Setup
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
The Banquet Set-Up Supervisor will provide the best possible quality service to every guest that enters the Banquet area. Lead the set-up and break-down, and/or clean-up of meeting rooms, banquet space and ballroom areas during assigned shift.
- Train banquet house person employees and provide day to day instructions and assignments. Monitor performance and recommend corrective action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Set-up and/or break down tables, chairs, and platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
- Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
- Clean and maintain all corridors, vending areas, and landings and service areas in the banquet facilities ensuring hotel’s standards of cleanliness.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area. Report all damages or issues to Banquet Manager.
- May refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.)
- May retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas.
- May pick up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function.
- Responsible for following all rules and regulations set forth by the Banquet Department as well as the Employee handbook.
- To perform other work related duties as assigned by Management.
- Basic reading and writing and mathematical skills. General knowledge of banquet operations preferred.
- Ability to handle, carry or lift items weighing up to 100 pounds (tables, trays, equipment, etc.)
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring sustained repetitive motion.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate and control heavy equipment.
- Ability to sustain direct contact with public; must establish high degree of customer service, (smile, eye contact, positive personal presentation, etc.,) and high volume of interaction with guests and staff.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Superviosry experince 1 to 2 years
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often wit banquet event orders and instructions.
- Basic math is used frequently to ensure the proper set up of tables, settings, chairs, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.