Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finished Goods Operator
- To execute finished goods processing and operations in accordance with DOT and QHSE (quality,health safety and environmental) rules and regulations while meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
- Monitors field equipment (by inspection & instrumentation), adjusts, and troubleshoots equipment as needed. Maintains written record of field instrumentation readings. Starts & stops compressors, blowers, pumps, etc.
- Collects process samples, runs lab analyses on process samples, assesses need for process changes based on analytical results, and documents results & actions.
- May be required to train and serve on site Fire Crew / Emergency Team.
- May be required to serve as a member of special teams (quality, safety committee, training, environment, etc.).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Two or more Industrial experience required. Technical training (specialized training for operator or 2 years college) is desired
- Ability to work effectively with relevant computer software such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, SAP, eB director, Aspen Process Explorer
- Deep understanding of the transportation fleet for all products shipped from the Deer Park site
- In depth knowledge packaging material and their characteristics relevant for the company's products and of their characteristics including regulation and necessary documentation.
- Ability to understand operation fundamentals such as: pipe configurations, valve line ups, operation of a pump, etc.
- Understand product specifications and the effects of cross contamination of products
Work a 12 hour rotating shift schedule that could involve days and nights. This schedule also requires being available for overtime during certain periods (either scheduled overtime, or being on call in case unscheduled overtime is required), working weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders with wide variances in step length, ascending as much as 120 feet within 20 minutes, under exterior weather conditions. May be required to perform this task several times during a day
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to perform work tasks while utilizing respirator, chemical suit and other appropriate PPE. Must be able to climb a straight caged ladder at least 20 feet high in full PPE, pull at least 50 pounds up with a rope no less than ½” diameter and return the weight to the ground
- Must be able to lift and carry dry chemical extinguishers at least 100 feet. The actual weight of the extinguishers is approx.. 57 lbs
- Must be able to open/close up to a 4 inch valve at least shoulder height
- Must be able to walk and work on un-even surfaces, maintaining balance
- Must be able to couple multiple hoses together
- Employee must be able to turn neck to view what's behind them (i.e. driving a forklift and/or railking)
- Constant, concise and accurate use of the English language when communicating orally and in writing
- Perform under stress when confronted with emergency or critical deadlines in which working speed and accuracy, along with sustained attention, are critical to success